Friday, May 22, 2009

.:Crochet flower leggings:.

My niece's birthday is coming up in June, and I found adorable leggings online. They were made out of tights and crocheted flowers. They were pretty cheap, but I still figured why not make my own instead of paying someone else to do it! My friend's daughter is turning one, so I decided to make some for her. (Sorry Natalie, if you're reading this - act surprised!)

First, you need to know how to crochet a flower. I only know a few basic crocheting stitches, so I looked around online and found this great video tutorial.

I crocheted two multi colored flowers, using cream and pink. Then I bought some tights at Wal-Mart. I cut the feet off, and then used a needle and thread to attach the flowers to the leggings. I also made a matching crochet flower clip to go with the leggings. (You can see a picture of it with these other clips here.)

They are super cute, and super easy! Of course, I had to try them on Reece (don't worry Nat, she was clean!) You can't see them too well - it would have been more helpful if Reece could stand on her own, but you get the idea. Think how cute under a jean skirt, or some sort of tunic dress!

6 comments:

Haley Flowers said...

Cute!

suzanne said...

Dang those are super cute!

Kara said...

Those are so amazingly cute!!

Unknown said...

I don't know how to crochetm, but they are so cute I got all excited and went out and bought some to make. The dollar tree here has footless tights (the target brand) so it will be super cheap! I got two pairs to start with for my girls!

Taryn said...

She looks like a little ballet dancer! Too cute. I'll have to share the idea with my sister-in-law who is having a little girl in July.

SUNRYZEZ said...

WOW! Summer, you always amaze me by how crafty you are! Those leggings are SO cute!