Friday, May 15, 2009

.:Oregon:.

Reece and I made the trip up to Oregon to spend some time up there with my parents. Josh was nice enough to let us go for a little over a week! My sister and sister in law both came down with their kids, so it was a crazy week with five kids running around! My dad had been down here visiting, so Reece and I decided to make the car ride up with my dad. Ten hours in the car! I was a little bit worried about how she was going to do, but she was a perfect angel! She was so happy, ate when she was supposed to, napped when she was supposed to, and I just could not have asked for better! I was so proud of her, and so grateful that things went so well. Here are some pictures and a re-cap of our trip!

Reece in the car playing with whatever I could give her!


Reece's first time without a baby bath tub! She loved it!
Fresh out of the bath. Check out that curl!
Hanging out with Grandpa before bedtime.
Something was funny!
Cousin Andi taught Reece everything she knows! :)
Stare down with Grandma Z.

Look at the cute pants Grandma Z made for me!
Gray and Carter trying to escape downstairs!
All of the kids loved being around Reece and giving her toys. It was so cute!

The weather wasn't the greatest while we were there, but we still tried to get out on walks as much as we could. My parents live on top of a mountain, and the view is incredible! There were always lots of caterpillars on the road, so we always stopped to check them out.
Reece and Mommy on a walk.
Reece wasn't quite ready to get in the big tub with the rest of the kids. They had a great time splashing around!
Carter, Cal, Gray, and Andi
Gray and Carter after the bath.
Gray and Carter watching Baby Einstein with Reece after breakfast!
We went to the Children's Museum while we were there. It is a nice little addition to K-town. There was nobody else there except for us, so we had free reign of the place. There were lots of instruments to play, trains, a dentist chair, a fire truck, and all other sorts of fun things. The kids had a great time, and it was nice for them to get out of the house for a little while.
We attempted to get a picture of all of the kids together on a walk - this was the best shot we could get! Andi is showing a little belly! :)
We had a couple of girls' nights while we were there. The first nite, we went to see 17 Again. Cheesy, cute, predictable movie. I loved it! We ate lots of popcorn, drank lots of diet coke, and got the giggles big time. It was fun! Another nite, we had Kelda come up and teach us how to make books from scratch. Now I'm addicted! I'm already trying to figure out if there is somewhere in the valley that sells the supplies. I had a couple of mistakes with my book, but I am still pretty satsified with mine! Here we are at work.
We went to the park on one of the last days there. It was nice for the boys to run around, but Reece was being a little crab cake. (Remember the two teeth she just cut!)
Check out that hair blowin' in the wind! It's getting so long! (Don't mind how gross I look!)
Reece and I flew back to Utah. We had to change planes in Portland. I was a little nervous about her on two different flights, right during her nap time. The planes are super small, so if she was going to have a rough time, everyone on the plane would know about it. But once again, she was perfect! We were lucky to get an extra seat for her for both flights. She played with toys, ate lots of snacks, and even fell asleep in my arms during both flights - that never happens anymore! She was such a good girl!

We had a great time with all of the family, and it just made us even more excited for Sunriver this summer! Reece may be mobile by then, so I think those five kids are going to have a great time together. Sounds like trouble!

7 comments:

Dani said...

Great recap! It was so much fun! I too cannot wait for Sunriver! It is going to be out of control fun!

Sarah said...

Looks like so much fun! I love all the pics...especially her curly hair after a bath!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Loved seeing you and that babe of yours! Can't wait to see you again....SOON!!!

Dyan said...

what a fun time! I love it when the babies grow up and you have random times like for you on the plane when they'll fall asleep on you still. It's funny the things that make you happiest as a parent!

Mendel Family said...

I am so glad she was such a good little traveler! It looks like you had a great time :) I want to see this book you made!

Sharon said...

We had such a great time with you guys....thanks for letting us share your parents house with you! It was fun to get to be around Reece more and get to know her better. She is such a little doll. We also can't wait for Sunriver!

Julie said...

Looks like a fun little trip! I can't believe how big Reece is! She is super cute! Isabelle has also been super good traveling, cars and planes. It makes it so nice! I don't dread trips at all because I know she'll be a dream boat!