Sunday, May 10, 2009

.:Mother's Day:.


These two ladies are who were on my mind today: my mom and my daughter.

First of all, my mom. I am so grateful that I had a mom who was able to stay home with us, growing up. She was able to be there for all five of us kids, for everything! She helped us to develop the relationships within our family, and is why we are all so close today. My mom is a great example of being devoted to your family. She taught us to be ourselves, and to never be ashamed of who we are. I also loved that I had the 'cool' mom when I was in high school. My friends loved coming over to hang out with her! She is so much fun! I really admire her openness, honesty, integrity, outgoing-ness (is that a word??), silliness, spirituality, strength, musicality, beauty.....I could go on and on. She has taught me so much about being a wife and a mother. I look up to her more than she probably knows, and I feel so blessed to have such a great example in my life. I love you Mom!

And of course, Reece has been on my mind, too, as I've thought about what being a mom means to me. Being a mom is the most rewarding, frustrating, difficult, fun, amazing job that I have ever had! Nothing can really explain what I feel when I get a smile out of Reece, and know that it is just for me. It is pure gold! I love that she loves me, and that she needs me. She has taught me to be more selfless, and to serve others better. Her laugh is such a magical sound! All of the troubles we went through to get to where we are now were worth it and then some. I can't imagine our lives without her, and I would do it a million times over if it meant I still got to be her mommy. She is our beautiful girl, and I just love her so much!

Even though there isn't a picture of him on here, I just have to say that Josh plays such a huge part of this as well. He is so supportive of me and of our family. It means the world to me that he is so willing to work so hard so that I can be at home with Reece. I appreciate his parents bringing him up in the gospel to be a worthy priesthood holder in our home. He's been there through all the craziness of us learning how to be parents, and helped me to get through it all. Josh has a strong sense of family, and of what is right, and that is so important to me. He is such a great husband, and the best dad, and I feel so incredibly blessed to have him for my best friend and eternal companion. I love him so much!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful women!

1 comment:

suzanne said...

It's easy to look like a good mom when you have great kids! Thanks for the compliments! Being a mom describes pure joy doesn't it?