Monday, October 5, 2009

.:12 Month Checkup:.

Reece had her twelve month check up this morning. Here are the stats:

Weight: 17 pounds 9 ounces - 4th percentile
Height: 29 inches - 41st percentile
Head circumference: 17.7 inches - 45th percentile

So basically, she has barely gained over a pound since her nine month checkup! I wasn't expecting her weight to be that low because when I took her in two weeks ago, they weighed her with her clothes on, and she was just over 19 pounds. Who knew toddler clothes could weigh almost two pounds! As my friend Sarah said, that means I can now subtract about six pounds from my own weight! :)

That doesn't seem like a huge weight gain to me, but her doctor was not worried at all. She is a great eater and will eat anything, and he just attriubted it to her being so busy crawling, and now walking, all over the place. I wish I had that metabolism!

He gave us the results of the EEG, which came back normal. We expected that, but still good to hear nonetheless. The cream on her goodies has been working, so we're taking two weeks off of the cream, and then we'll do another two weeks back on it. I have to take her back for her booster flu shot in a month, so he'll re-check that then.

She is still tensing like crazy, but for now he is just chalking it up to some sort of habit she's developed. Since she's so right on track and perfect developmentally, he is just not sure it could be much else. Josh and I suspect urinary reflux, but he really doesn't think it's that because she doesn't have urinary tract infections, which would be one of the main symptoms of the reflux. He is also worried about doing the test without knowing for sure if it is necessary because the test for the reflux involves a catheter with dye to her kidneys, and Reece being exposed to a large amount of radiation. He doesn't want to put her through that when we're not quite sure, which I appreciate. Josh had mentioned that it was a lot of radiation as well, so I wasn't surprised to hear that. For now, he just wants to wait and see, but also said we could call at any time with any concerns.

Reece got four shots today! It was supposed to be five, but he took one out since she was getting her flu shot. I was expecting the worst, but she was so amazing! She cried for about 30 seconds, and has been perfectly fine and happy ever since! That's my girl!

A few more fun facts about Reece at one year:

- She now knows how to give a high five, and will 'buzz' your finger after. It is so cute!
- She knows the animal sounds for tiger, doggy, and cow. We're working on duck right now!
- She has gotten in the habit of throwing all of her animals and blankets, and binky out of the crib when we put her down for bed at nite. It is really funny to watch her on the monitor!

I've been only doing her binky for nap times and at nite, but it looks like she may end up weaning herself off of that if she keeps it up with the throwing out of the crib trick!

We love our girl and just think she's the greatest!

6 comments:

Haley Flowers said...

She is so adorable! That black and white outfit is so cute!

Mendel Family said...

Glad the stats are looking good! No worries about the weight, Luke was only 18 pounds at a year. She is so stinking cute!

Sharon said...

Glad to hear everything is ok. She is so adorable!

nison (nic + allison) said...

I can't believe how big she's getting! I hate not living by you! :( I'm glad her EEG came back normal. She looks happy to me...as well as her mother!

Sarah said...

I love her toothy grin! So glad everything came back normal from her eeg!

suzanne said...

That second to last picture spells trouble with a capital T! Expect to see that same face a few more times in your lifetime!