Sunday, February 14, 2010

.:Happy Valentine's Day:.

Our Valentine's Day started off yesterday with Reece getting a fun package from her Grandma Z and Grandpa Paul.

She was so excited, and kept saying 'whoa' everytime she pulled something new out of the bag.

She's a total girly girl, so of course, the crown and necklaces went straight on!

Open the candy Mom!

Another fun thing that she got was a book that had my parents' voices recorded, reading the story. You can see the smile on her face when she first heard them! She loved it and we've read it many times since yesterday.

My mom had also sewn Reece this darling jacket and sent it our way. I love the fabric, and think she looks pretty dang cute in it!

Thanks Grandma Z and Grandpa Paul!

Last nite, Josh and I were able to go out to dinner on our own. We tried out this newer Chicago style pizza place, and it was super tasty! We splurged and got an appetizer, and I'm pretty sure it could have been our entire meal; it was huge. Thanks to Grandpa Andrus, Uncle Mike, and Aunt Em for taking care of Reece so we could go out!

This morning, I woke up to find these beautiful flowers out for me, along with a sweet card, chocolate, and a gift card to Michael's. My husband definitely knows the way to my heart!

We had orange rolls for breakfast, and let Reece open up her little Valentine's gift from us. She loves to do 'lips' - put chapstick on - so we got her some of her very own chapstick, as well as some candy.

As you can see, the crown and necklaces look smashing with jammies and bed head.

We've had a nice day at church, and spending time together this evening. It was a nice Valentine's Day, and I'm so lucky to have such wonderful people to be loved by and to love! Josh is my best friend and the best dad ever, and we have the sweetest little girl on the planet! Doesn't get much better - we're so blessed!

Here are just a few other random pictures from lately.

Pretty lady!

I love how her feet are crossed - she has always done this and it cracks me up!

Looking out from her tent window.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

What beautiful flowers! Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend...I really wish we had family close that we could leave our boys with and go out to dinner alone. We got a Pizza and had a picnic on the floor with the boys last night...very romantic! We did have homemade chicken pot pies today though and they were tasty! Anyway, Happy Valentines day!!! Glad you have a good one!

Mendel Family said...

Looks like you had a good day! I love the package that Reece got! That is always so much fun!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Yay for love! You look beautiful as always - Reece too! So glad that you 2 were able to have some alone time! :)

Dani said...

Sounds like a fantastic Valentine's Day!! So a few things... A. I love that both Reece and Andi love "lips." 2. Carter always props his feet up, crossed on the armrest in front of him in our car. It makes me laugh. C. I love the material for Reece's jacket and that black and white layered shirt she is wearing in one of the pictures. 4. Andi wore the same dress for Valentine's day- perfect with the red and pink! E. Way to go Josh on the gift giving! He definitely gets an A+!! We decided next year, when we are making a little more money, we'll start back up with the gift giving. :) And 6. I get to see you next month!!! (and a beautiful new baby girl!) I cannot wait!!! Love you!! Give that cute Reece a kiss from Aunt Dani and maybe a little tug on one of her pigtails.

Camilla said...

That's so cute that she put the necklaces and tiara on right away! :) I also LOVE the coat your mom made her, it looks awesome, I love the fabric!

Sarah Jane said...

what a sweet heart, sounds like you had a great valentine's day!