Tuesday, February 2, 2010

.:Sewing:.

I got a sewing machine for Christmas (thanks Mom and Dad!) There have been a few battles with it already, but I am loving having it and can't believe I didn't want to learn before now. Here are a few of my latests projects for baby sister.

Tag Blanket - I love this fabric, and it was soooo easy to make!

Burp Cloths/Snuggle Blanket - Just something small for baby to cuddle or use as a burp cloth.

Blanket - Kind of different fabric combo, but I love it. It's definitely not perfect, but I am still happy with how it turned out.


Car Seat Tent - A couple friends and I tackled this, and again, not perfect, but I still love it!

And sewing is always great when you have an adorable assistant!

I haven't tackled any clothing yet, but I'm hoping to venture into that a little bit to make some stuff for the summertime for the girls. Easy stuff that is!

This isn't a sewing project, but just a magnet board I made for one of Reece's Leapfrog toys. She already has an animal one on the fridge, so I figured this was a good solution for her letter/word one.

Other than random projects, the sickies have hit our house. Luckily Josh has escaped it, but Reece got it first, and passed it on to me. She seems to be feeling better today, but the poor girl has had a rough week or so. Which I can understand now that I have what she has had. How she looks in this picture is what I feel like doing, too!
She's been trying so hard to be happy and hang in there, though. She's such a good girl! Now if only Mommy could handle sickness as well as Reece....

4 comments:

MARZO'S said...

SUMO-- you are soooo amazing! I cant believe how crafty and talented you are, I wish I lived by you so that you could teach some of your talents to me. I LOVE the name Hadley, we considered it with Mia. We miss you guys!
take care

Sharon said...

I love all your sewing projects...You make me want to sew more. I really want to make one of those blankets that you and Dani make...they are so cute! And I think I have decided I am going to make the crib bedding for our little one...wish me luck!

Sorry you guys are sick...no fun!

Josh and Nat said...

my talented little friend. i want in on your goods. why did i have to move? as always, you both are adorable!

The Tucketts said...

Whoa! You've been busy! Everything is so cute! I'm sorry you're sick. My kids are sick but I escaped it. It's always harder when mom's sick (and double bad when you're pregnant and sick)!!! Feel better soon!