Tuesday, February 23, 2010

.:35 Weeks:.

Wow, it's hard to believe that I am 35 weeks now! It doesn't seem real that this girl could really come any day now! This pregnancy has gone by sooooo fast!

Here's a few comparisons of this pregnancy vs. Reece's pregnancy. (This is more for me to remember, so feel free to skip it if you want!)

Exercise: I didn't exercise at all with Reece. Well, towards the end I was going on evening walks, but that was about it. Although, I was on my feet teaching first graders all day, then subbing when the school year ended, and then nannying, so I guess that has to count for something! This time I've exercised pretty consistently, aside from when I've been sick. It's been more difficult since the majority of this pregnancy has been during the colder months (I hope to never be this pregnant during the holidays again!) but luckily I had a good pregnancy workout video to help me along. Which brings me to weight gain.

Weight Gain: I had really hoped to not gain as much this time around, even though I was well within the healthy range with Reece. Apparently my body doesn't care what I do - it just wants to gain weight! I think it's all gone to my thighs and my belly! But I can't really complain. It's temporary, and I'll be able to work on it after baby sister gets here. I've done what I can, and it is what it is. Seems silly to complain about it too much when we've been so blessed with such a great pregnancy.

Swelling: If you saw me pregnant with Reece, then you saw how gigantic my feet, ankles, and calves got! My swelling is just barely starting this time around, but it doesn't hold a candle to Reece's pregnancy! I'm hoping it won't get too bad since it's not as warm!

Heart Burn: I never experienced this with Reece at all. But I've been oh so fortunate to have it a few times with this one. Now I can understand why Reece was such a fussy baby with her reflux - it's not fun at all!

Stretch Marks: Totally got them right at the very end with Reece. And as of now, they are starting to make a comeback! They don't really bother me because I know they'll fade back away. The thing that does bother me is that they itch!

Rash: I got a nasty, nasty rash on my feet and calves when I was pregnant with Reece. It was red, itchy, and looked like horrible welts. It even surprised my doctor! Luckily, that hasn't shown up at all this time. Hopefully that was just a heat related thing, as well! I could do without that this time around!

Nausea: I had a tiny bit of nausea with Reece, but nothing too horrible. I had it much worse this time around - to the point of not eating and losing weight - but again, nothing horrible! It didn't last too long either time, so I consider myself lucky for that!

Braxton Hicks: Never felt these with Reece. Not once! This time, I've been feeling them for quite awhile. They are especially strong when I'm exercising!

Belly Button: Stayed in with Reece (although it was threatening to pop out towards the end) but it's been totally out for weeks now!

Hip Pain: It seems like I had this earlier on with Reece, and it was pretty confined to sleeping only. I haven't had it this pregnancy until about a week ago, and not only do they hurt in bed, they hurt all day long, too! I was limping around all morning today because it hurt so much. Guess baby sister is settling in!

So really, I've been so fortunate and blessed to have really great pregnancies, both times! It's interesting to see the differences and the similarities!

I had a doctor's appointment last week, and got to have a surprise ultrasound to make sure that baby sister is head down. She is! My doctor also checked to make sure she was still a girl (not at my request, but I wasn't complaining!) and she is still a girl! It was fun to get a little sneak peek at her again, and made me that much more excited to meet her!

I keep thinking that she is going to come early. I wouldn't really call it wishful thinking, at least not because I'm so done with being pregnant that I would do anything to get her out. I'm definitely not even close to that point at all yet! But I am anxious to meet her, so we'll see when she decides to make her appearance! I've got what I can of the hospital bag packed, with a list of things to grab when it's really time to go. I've also got birth announcement envelopes addressed, and the birth announcements are already designed thanks to my awesome sister in law, Nikki. (They are so cute, I love them!) Baby clothes are washed, closet is organized, pack and play is ready to go, and I've got Reece's schedule typed out for whoever ends up taking her when the time comes. I'm sure there are a few things I'm missing, but one major thing is we need to get our infant car seat out of storage so that is ready when the time comes!

Here are a few pictures that Sam and Nikki took this past weekend. (Yes, I know I look like a chunky monkey - what can I say? I've been exercising, but my body hates me. :) ) Thanks Sam and Nikki!


10 comments:

suzanne said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures. I think you look healthy and happy! Good to count yourself blessed afgter your pregnancy troubles the first few times around!

Dani said...

You look beautiful! What are you talking about?! You make such a cute pregnant lady! I cannot wait to meet baby girl #2!

Sharon said...

You look so good! The pictures turned out really well. I can't believe you are so close to having that little girl! I wish we could come see you guys soon after she is born, but with me being so far along we might not make it. It's sad to think that we probably won't meet her until Sunriver!

Mendel Family said...

Again I love the pictures! I love that you listed things that were different! I am so going to do that at the end as well. This one has been way different for me. Of course you make me nervous talking about the swelling and rash, since I am going to be at the end of my pregnancy at the same time you were with Reece. I had some swelling with Luke, but not bad. By the way I know you guys have family around, but if needed I am more than happy to take Reece. Her and Luke would have a blast while you had the baby :) Just so you know, I am here.

Sarah Jane said...

First of all, whatever, I think you look great! And be glad you are at the end of your pregnancy now, because middle or end of summer sucks, as you already know! Hang in there!

Sarah said...

I think you look gorgeous!!

Dyan said...

I can't believe you're already 35 weeks. The big event will be so soon now! And you look so great! Nice pics!

The Tucketts said...

you are so close! you look great!

.:.chhour.:. said...

chunky? PLEASE! I saw these on facebook and was thinking to myself that I hope I look this terrific when I am 34 weeks. :)

Julie said...

You are absolutely adorable!!!! You look awesome at 35 weeks!!!! On the swelling thing, those first graders really know how to make a lady's legs swell. With Isabelle when I was teaching, my ankles were bigger than my thighs! My last day of school before she was born, my flip flops didn't even fit! But with baby #2 as a stay at home mommy, I had almost NO swelling! Hope you have the same luck! Love the pictures!!! Hope the rest of the pregnancy is good for you!!!