Saturday, June 19, 2010

.:Big Girl Bed:.

We made the switch from crib to big girl bed a few weeks ago! Well, for nites at least anyway. Reece has always loved the bed in her room, so we were hoping that would help with the transition. We borrowed a bed rail from my sister and got it set up and ready to go. Honestly, I've been a bit worried about this because Reece is so active and full of energy (like most kids!) and I thought it would be a battle to get her to stay in her room. But for some reason, she has totally understood to stay in her room! At first she would get out and play a lot - which we didn't care about, as long as she was staying in her room. She always made sure she got back to her bed. She loves her bed so much, and loves getting tucked in at nite with her animals. It's so cute! Reece is also really good at staying in her room in the morning. So far, she just plays or reads in bed. I'm always up before she is, so once I hear her start fiddling with the door, I go in and get her. I want her to think that I have to get her out for now. Eventually that will change I'm sure, but for now, I like that she stays in there.

She doesn't often get out of bed and play much anymore, but last nite was an exception.


Look carefully in the picture. One leg is out of her pajama pants. That leg is in some of her bootie bloomers that she got out of her dresser. There are tights on her pillow. A few pairs of shoes surrounding her. A book. And of course, her animals. Looks like she was having a good time! (I love that she has her leg crossed!)


I am thinking this week we may give naps a try. I wanted to wait until she was going to sleep more quickly at nite. If she plays at nite, at least she still has the whole rest of the nite to get some sleep. If she plays during nap, well, then she misses her nap and no one is happy. I'm sure that's how it will be for the first few days, but hopefully she'll transition over easily!

8 comments:

Bensons said...

That is so cute! HeHe! :)

Sharon said...

That is wonderful that she will stay in her room! What a big girl! Calvin still struggles, I think it is because he shares a room with Gray, but it is all a big joke to him....so I still have to lay with him until he falls asleep! You are super lucky! I love all of her toys and animals in her bed!

suzanne said...

That is funny............she looks quite comfortable in her big girl bed! Didn't get my fill of her....2 weeks 2 weeks...............

Sarah Jane said...

Yeah how exciting, way to go Reece.

Haley Flowers said...

How cute is she! Thats awesome that she did so well with the transition! Kenzie kinda stuggled with her naps the first few days and kept coming out. But she got the hang of it fast and very rarely comes out now. I hope Reece does good for you with the naps!

Mendel Family said...

Hahahaha! I love that picture and that she was having a good time in her room. We will be making the transition here in the next little bit. Hope she continues to do well!

Shook Family said...

I need to get Ty in a big bed. But I fear what he would do. Ha Ha she is so funny.

The Tucketts said...

I love it! I bet it would have been entertaining to watch what she was doing in there!