Monday, May 14, 2012

.:Harper–Six Months Old:.

Halfway to one??? What the??!

SDC10593

Harper continues to be just such a happy, smiley, social baby. She LOVES to talk, and constantly looks like she’s having her own little private joke about things. She talks and squeals, and has started doing this cute thing where she gasps.

SDC10598

Instead of her spitting getting any better, she seems to be getting worse! She is always spitting up most of what she eats. It is really gross, and while I know she can’t control it, I’d sure like her to stop. I am always covered in spit up, as is our couch and Harper. No wonder she is so skinny! She is also a gassy little thing. Man, can she pack a punch! Who knew that tiny body could be capable of so much!

SDC10634

Whenever Harper is laying on her back, she is always straining as if she’s trying to sit up. It’s the funniest thing! She is getting better at sitting. This past week I have been able to get some decent stretches of her sitting unassisted. I can’t wait for her to start doing it consistently! I love when babies can just sit there with toys and be happy.

SDC10640

We’ve been working on Harper’s nite sleep. Overall, she is doing pretty well and I can usually get her to go from 11 until 6 or 7, and she will usually sleep for anywhere from 1-3 more hours if I give her a little to eat then. She’s had a couple nites where that didn’t work lately, but I’m thinking that is more because of teething, rather than being hungry. And then, sometimes you just get worn out when playing!

SDC10641

Harper loves to stand in my lap and jump. She just gets her legs going and it’s like she can’t stop! She always looks like she’s so pleased with herself when she does it.

SDC10625

Harpie is sooooooo ticklish. She is super easy to get a laugh out of if you just tickle her chest, her back, or her legs. I love listening to her giggle, so I am constantly trying to tickle her!

SDC10669

Reece and Remi are still loving on Harper all the time! Reece tells me at least 3-5 times a day how cute Harper is, and Remi loves to try to get Harper smiling or laughing. I love how much they love each other. How do I get them to always feel this way about each other???

SDC10883

Harper gave up her binky on her own awhile ago. She doesn’t need it often, but I was still sad about it. And what was worse about it was that she was starting to suck her thumb! Ah! We haven’t had a thumb sucker yet, and I was hoping to avoid it. She hasn’t been as crazy with her thumb lately, as just her fingers in general. I’m pretty sure she is teething, so that may be why. For whatever reason, I’ve been able to get her to take her binky the last few days when she’s been fussing so I guess it remains to be seen whether or not she will be a binky baby or not!

SDC10753

We started food with Harper a couple of weeks ago. So far she’s been a big fan of rice cereal and oatmeal. We just started the real flavors, and peas are all we’ve tried so far. She was not impressed – at all – the first time, but she has warmed up to them. We’ll probably try carrots or beans next. She may have gotten a sneak of applesauce the other day from a certain helpful two year old, and Harper was pretty excited about that!

SDC10919

Harper is just a super good, super cute, super fun baby!

SDC10782

At six months old, Harper likes:

- smiling
- laughing
- being tickled
- talking
- being in the saucer
- eating
- nursing
- Baby Einstein
- watching Reece and Remi
- grabbing
- squealing
- play mat
- mommy singing
- sucking on her hands/fingers
- toys
- rolling
- sitting (kinda)

SDC10921

At six months, Harper does not like:

- being in her car seat too long
- being left alone for too long
- getting stuck on her tummy
- going to bed (she gets mad when she realizes what is happening!)

We love our Harper girl!

4 comments:

Haley Flowers said...

She is so cute. What an adorable smile she has!

suzanne said...

I LOVE the picture of her in Josh's arms! She is so stinkin' cute! Great and beautiful pic of the two of you! Can't wait to see you!

Sarah Jane said...

How fun, I can't believe she is already 6 months! Crazy! She is getting so big! Annie prefers her thumb too, dang it! That's hard when they won't take the binky and just want those cute chubby fingers!

Sarah said...

She seriously is just the cutest thing ever!! I love how easy it is to get a smile from her cute little face!