Wednesday, May 2, 2012

.:Klamath Trip:.

Since Harper came in the fall, we weren’t able to go up to Klamath for the holidays at all, which meant that I hadn’t been home in awhile. I wanted to make a trip out there, so even though Josh couldn’t come, I decided to load up the girls and drive to Boise, and then on to Klamath – caravanning to Klamath with my parents. We found out the day before we wouldn’t be visiting alone:  the Harmon fam was going to be going there, too. The girls were excited to spend some time with their cousins.

We left on Easter, and got up and moving the next morning to finish the drive to Klamath.  My dad was awesome and drove my van from Boise to Klamath. It freed me up to help with kiddos. He was patient with us being a bit slower driving because of nursing stops.

It was nice to spend some time up there. We just hung out at home, and tagged along when we could. It is just a nice break from our day to day routines. It was my nephew’s birthday while we were there, so we spent the morning at Jumpin’ Jax, and then had an Angry Birds themed birthday party.

SDC10565

SDC10567

SDC10569

SDC10571

Unfortunately for us, real life doesn’t stop for anyone when we are there. We try not to be in the way too much! My mom had a bridal shower to throw, so my dad took us ladies out to dinner that evening. Reece serenaded the booth next to us, and entertained quite a few people in the process! We also spent some time with Alli and Nic, though not nearly enough.

Our last day there, my mom and I finally got to do some sewing. I wish we could have had more days like that! Grandpa made popcorn with Reece, while Harper watched my mom and I sew dresses for all the girls for our annual summer trip. We had a nice day hanging out and spending time together, which was great before we got in the car again to head back home!

SDC10572

SDC10573

SDC10576

SDC10578

SDC10582

SDC10584

We had a nice visit, and are always sad to leave. We’re already looking forward to going back this summer.

The girls were AMAZING in the car; very few meltdowns (and Remi was even sick on the way home!) and the ones that did happen, were so short and minimal. I was proud of them, and don’t know that they could have been much better!

2 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

That seemed so long ago! We finally got to meet Ms H though. :)

Sarah Jane said...

Sounds fun! Its always good to spend time with grandparents, and let them spoil our kids! Your girls are getting so big, they are all adorable!