Monday, February 16, 2009

.:Valentine's Day & Our Weekend:.

Last week was a fun week! We had lots going on, and it was nice to keep busy. Here's a quick re-cap!

Reece and I went over to visit Britney and Luke on Tuesday. On the way over, we stopped by Ryan and Leslie's house so that we could give Millie her Valentine. Once we got to Britney's, we just hung out and ate a yummy lunch while we watched T.V. Britney taught me a couple of new card games while Reece attempted - yes attempted - to nap. Reece was having kind of a rough day, but she still hung in there and tried to be happy!

On Wednesday we had playgroup for our ward. It is always nice to just sit around and chat while the kids play. Reece loves to watch other kids, so she was happy being able to do that!

Thursday we went over to Stacy's house for lunch with Sarah and Chaysie. Again, just a nice time to talk with other adults! I'm pretty sure Reece gets sick of hearing me talk to her all the time. :)

Friday, Josh had the whole day off from both of his jobs! That never happens unless it's a Sunday. We decided to have that be our Valentine's Day, since he had to work both jobs on actual Valentine's Day. I woke up to some flowers and some treats for me on the couch. He made me breakfast, and then we hung out for awhile while Reece was napping. He decided he wanted to get a few things done and take a nap, so Reece and I went over to Lindy's house to decorate sugar cookies with some other gals from our ward. I love our ward because there are so many mommies around my age, and we're all in similar places with our lives. It's fun to get to know everyone better! After that, it was home for Reece to nap while Josh and I watched a movie. After Reece got up, we went to Chili's for a late lunch. After lunch, we went back home for the evening. Once Reece went to bed, we just hung out and played Boggle. I beat Josh for the first time! Go me!

As I said, Josh had to work both of his jobs on Saturday. He left at 5:15 in the morning, and didn't get home until close to midnite! Reece and I made a trip to Wal-Mart in between naps. Grandma Andrus stopped by to visit, and Sam and Nikki also came over to take some pictures of the babe. I love having our own personal photographers close by! :) Reece had a bath and went to bed, and I made Josh a card with my Cuttlebug and set out his (boring) Valentine's gift. It was a fairly quiet day for us!

Yesterday after church and my two meetings, we went down to Lehi to have dinner with Pig and Dani, and Dan and Meghan. It is always fun to get everyone together - it doesn't happen nearly enough! We had a good time hanging out, and didn't get home until 11:00 last nite! Reece did a great job for how messed up Sundays always are for her. Her afternoon nap is right in the middle of church, and she will not nap for longer than a half hour or so when she's not at home, so she's always on the cranky side on Sundays. But she tried really hard to be happy, and slept great when we put her to bed down there.

So that was our past week of events! Busy busy!

3 comments:

suzanne said...

What a thoughtful husband. Sounds like you had your fill of socializing this week. That is so great! I will be there this weekend! Yay! Have you posted any pics anywhere yet?

Mendel Family said...

Man you guys did have a busy week! I am amazed at how much you do! I am excited to get together again this week. And yes I want to see pictures of Reece too! They are going to take pictures of Luke on the 28th for his 9 months.

Dani said...

Isn't it so much fun being a stay at home mom?!