Thursday, February 26, 2009

.:Five Months:.

My baby is five months old! I can hardly believe it. It seems like I was just barely making her four month post. Reece is so much fun right now! She is really becoming alert, and loves to interact with people. She doesn't really feel like a baby anymore! We decided that we need to make up a word between baby and toddler - maybe boddler or taby? :)

At five months Reece likes:
- Smiling at just about anyone
- Laughing
- Grabbing her toes
- Sucking on her hands
- Toys: plastic rings, pink elephant, squeaky ladybug, phone rattle
- Sitting in her Bumbo
- Watching TV/Baby Einstein
- Laying on her playmat
- Baths
- Being naked
- Getting attention
- Squealing really high and loud
- Talking
- Reading books
- Cell phones/remotes
- Tummy time (she'll tolerate it for quite awhile now, playing with toys!)
- Standing in our laps
- Sitting up against the couch
- Grabbing/touching things - especially people's faces when she's being held
- Silly sounds

At five months Reece doesn't like:
- Getting into her car seat
- Being in her car seat for too long
- Being swaddled (she's almost completely weaned from this!)
- Getting dressed - arms through the sleeves (still!)

Reece is to the point where she can pretty much sit up in a cart at the store, as long as she's strapped in. She doesn't like to for a long time, probably because the strap gets a little uncomfortable, but we're getting there! She is getting close to sitting on her own - we're working on it! I also started putting her hair up in a little pigtail! She hates having it done, but it's kind of fun. We thought she might be teething for awhile, but are not sure if it was that or a cold. Whichever it was, I'm glad a tooth never appeared! I'm not ready for that yet!

She is such a cute, sweet girl, and I just love being her mommy!

Here are a few recent pictures of my sweet girl.




6 comments:

Sharon said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! That is so fun that she is almost sitting up...it's a whole new world for them when they can do it. She will probably be a pro by the time we are there next month!

Dani said...

I love all the new things she can do! She seems like such a smiley baby all the time! Dang I miss that girl!

suzanne said...

She's such a happy little toot! I think you forgot to put on the list that one of her fav things is to be with Gramzee!

Haley Flowers said...

She is such a cutie! Her smile is so dang cute! I love the ponytails too!

Momma K said...

Wow, Summer, she does look grown up! She is truly a doll. Hope we get to meet her sometime soon!

Mendel Family said...

You are so good at keeping track of so many things that she does! I am not that good about Luke! I love that little girl she is so cute! Happy 5 months baby Reece!