Wednesday, February 11, 2009

.:Yeah right:.

Whoever said that breastfeeding will help you lose weight is full of it. Not only am I breastfeeding, but I've been exercising four times a week for the past month and a half, as well as cutting back on how many sweets I eat, not snacking as much, and working on my portion control at meals. And.....I feel like I'm gaining weight. I am definitely holding on to a nice portion of the weight I gained while pregnant. It is frustrating! I don't really know what else to do! Some people say that some women actually hang on to the weight while breastfeeding, so I guess that's my glimmer of hope for right now! I'm tired of feeling so fat!

It is totally worth it because I have a beautiful baby girl, but still....no one likes feeling like a fatty.

(I'm not looking for compliments here. Just venting!)


8 comments:

suzanne said...

Time heals all my dear! I understand the feeling but to all of us you look beautiful! And 'fatty' is your cat's name..........you'll have to come up with a better one than that!

Sarah said...

When you exercise you gain muscle too so maybe its all the muscle you have gained...which does weigh more than fat. I say just keep it up!

Kara said...

I was the same way!! I never dropped weight breastfeeding, and it frustrated me to sit and listen to women who said the weight just melted off. I was able to lose weight as I decreased breastfeeding, so I really do believe that for some women, the body holds on to to the weight as a reserve. Don't worry to much!!! It will come off eventually.

Camilla said...

Hey I say...it took 9 months to put it on, it'll take at least that to take it off!

Jules said...

I never fully shed my "baby" weight till I stopped BF Em after her 2nd bday. Just think, by the time you lose all your weight, you'll be having another! =D

Mendel Family said...

I am right with you my dear. Every day I go to the gym I have gained a pound. Tell me how the crap that happens. I hope that breast feeding thing is true!

Sarah Jane said...

I totally know how you feel, I still haven't gotten rid of the belly fat I got from Izzie, but then again I haven't really done anything about it either...

Dyan said...

Oh yes...now you've reminded me of all the wonderful things to come post childbirth! But like you said, one little glance at your little one and everything seems to be perfect again. They're just so worth it all. So just keep glancing in Reese's direction, not the mirrors!