Friday, March 13, 2009

.:Josh's bday:.

Josh ended up having a nice birthday! He got home from work to his gift from Reece and me - a massage! I think he was happy about it, and he didn't even get mad at me for spending money on it! :) I hope he makes time to go use it; he definitely deserves it. We got ready, and then his dad, sister, and brother came over to watch Reece so we could go out. We didn't end up at Red Lobster, but just grabbed some food quick on our way to the movies. We saw Taken - very good! After we got home, we played Boggle - and yes, I lost once again - and just hung out for the rest of the evening. It was nice to be able to spend some time alone together and re-connect! I think sometimes we both get so caught up in what we have going on that we don't make as much time for us alone as we should. So, a great nite! Thanks to everyone who called or texted him happy birthday! And thanks to Gary, Em, and Michael for babysitting!

When we got home that nite, they told us that they had heard a really loud sound from our freezer, and had thought that maybe it was ice. They said it sounded like a gun shot, and we were thinking, how could that be ice. Well......Josh had put a bottled water - in a GLASS bottle - in the freezer, and forgotten about it! So now our freezer is covered in ice and glass pieces. It is a mess, and we haven't had time to get it cleaned up yet! Sooo smart!

And just to show my love of popcorn... when we got home that nite, I unzipped my sweatshirt to start getting ready for bed, and what falls out of it? Two pieces of popcorn! Does that say anything about how fast I must have been shoveling it in my mouth to not even realize it wasn't all making it in? I love popcorn!

Reece is cute as ever. I'm not sure if she is teething, messed up from the time change, or has an ear infection or what! But she has been so soooo fussy this week. Just whiny, and generally not my happy girl. I don't really know what is going on, but I hope we figure it out soon! She is rolling all over the place, and her new thing is rolling around in her crib! It's disrupting her sleep a little bit, but that's to be expected. I was woken up at four in the morning the other nite because she was talking to herself. I look on the monitor, and she has completely flipped herself around - so her feet where where her head was when I had put her down for the nite. Not only that, she had untied the crib bumper, had the ribbon wrapped around her arm, and her cute little head was in between the crib and the crib bumper! I went in to fix it and she was just looking around, happy as can be. She's such a funny girl! It is so much fun every day to see her trying to make sense of her world. I love how she 'senses' everything with her hands and mouth. I love being a mommy!



5 comments:

suzanne said...

Glad you got to celebrate! Sounds like fun. And Taken..........great show! Beautiful picture of ms. Reece!

Mendel Family said...

Great post! That sucks about the freezer. Glass is never fun to clean up. That is funny what Reece did. Luke used to untie his bumpers all the time, but he has stopped now for some reason. It is so funny to put them down at night, and then go in to get them in the morning and they are in a completely different position.

Shauna said...

Glad he had a good bday! Sounds like fun..i liked the movie Taken!

Oh--and ps--thanks for the cute cards you sent with nat! LOVE them and am excited to use them!!

Bensons said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun time celebrating Josh's bday! Tell him Happy Late Bday from us! :)

As for the popcorn falling out of your clothes when you got home. I have had that happen to me too HaHa. ..Dropped down my shirt even, not just down a jacket. I am a PIG! I have never met anyone who loves popcorn as much as I do, so I'm glad that I'm learning this new little addiction you have as well! ;) (Maybe addiction isn't the word you would use, but I definitely have an addiction to it HaHa).

I'm sorry Reece is having a fussy week! Look up "wonder weeks" online and read about them! Maybe she is going through one?

Ok this is LONG. Sorry!

Dani said...

Yay for a fun birthday celebration. Glad you got a night out... that's always much needed.
As for fussy babies, sometimes I think they just happen for no reason. We don't always sleep great or have great weeks either. I wouldn't over-analyze it too much unless it persists for a lot longer.
PS... make sure your bumper pad ribbons aren't long enough to wrap around Reece's neck. I remember when I was there they seemed really long and I don't think I ever said anything about it.
Ummm...that's it. Super cute picture of Reece!! Miss that babe!