Monday, September 28, 2009

.:12 Monts - 1 Year:.

We have a toddler!

I can hardly believe it! Reece turned one this past Friday, September 25th. I have gone through such a mix of emotions. I felt teary - a lot - leading up to the day. I don't really think it's because I'm sad she's older, but more because I just can't believe that it was just a year ago that she wasn't in our lives. I can't imagine our lives without her, and I feel so incredibly blessed to be her mommy! I'm also so proud of the little girl she is becoming. She is such a happy, sweet girl and we just couldn't ask for a better daughter!

At 12 months Reece loves:

- talking
- smiling
- laughing
- screaming
- silly sounds
- crawling
- walking!
- clapping
- pointing
- crinkling her nose
- standing
- reading books
- baths
- going for walks
- mom's jewelry
- toys
- keys
- babies
- buckles
- giving kisses
- kicking her legs
- giving head 'bonks'
- dogs

At 12 months Reece doesn't like:

- sitting still for diaper changes
- getting her face wiped off
- getting her nose wiped

Some fun facts about Reece:

- Her vocabulary includes about three words: dada, hi, and baby (baby is a new one!)
- She has five teeth: two on the bottom and three on top
- She has never had a drink of juice in her life (although I will admit that she has tasted Diet Coke, but don't worry, that stuff is not in our house at the moment thanks to this new little one!)
- For some reason, I call her my twirly girl. It has no meaning at all, and I have no clue where it came from, but that's one of her nicknames.
- This girl is not afraid of anyone. She has zero problem going to strangers! She's a social little thing!

There's so many more wonderful things I could tell you about our sweet girl, but I'll leave it at that for now!

Lots of pictures ahead....

On Reece's birthday, she woke up to balloons tied on her crib. She sure thought she was pretty special (and she is!)

Grandma Z and GPSTEW were here from Oregon, so they took us to the zoo to celebrate her birthday. She had fun looking at the animals and being outside. Thanks Mom and Dad!

That nite we opened a few presents to get her warmed up for her party. She was definitely more interested in tearing the tissue paper and wrapping paper into small pieces until we got the presents out and she could see that they were much better!

Saturday was her birthday party. I started the day off calm, but my mom and Nikki can attest to the fact that I slowly unraveled as the day went on! From a super hot clubhouse, to melted frosting, and my cake that didn't turn out, things actually turned out pretty well! Reece was a little cranky due to taking a horrible nap before the party, and another tooth coming in, but she had a lot of fun playing with all of her family and friends. We really appreciate everyone who came, contributed to the party, and spoiled Reece! It was such a special day!
After the party, we hauled everything back to our house and helped Reece open up the rest of her presents. We had a great evening watching her dance to her new learn and groove table, and walk ALL over the place with her new walker. What a lucky girl!

8 comments:

suzanne said...

We had such a great time ushering in Reece to her second year of life! And you didn't melt down too badly! Mostly anyways......... The party was a huge success and we all had a great time!

Mendel Family said...

You are always so good at keeping track of everything that little girl does. I have not been so good about that with Luke and need to be better! You are such an amazing mommy and Reece is a beautiful, happy, little girl. We are so glad we know you and you are in our lives! We were happy to share that special day with her.

Dani said...

What a happy birthday!! I am glad everything turned out so well... and just blame the melt down and pregnancy hormones. :) It looks like all of your crafts for the big day turned out great too! You'll have to be the party planner for Tay's first birthday. You have ten months... that should be enough time, eh? Give your toddler a squeeze from her Aunt Dani!

Haley Flowers said...

So fun! I'm glad she had a great birthday. She sure looks cute!!

Jaime said...

What a fun party, it looks like it turned out great! You did a great job!!

Andrus Family said...

You did a great job on her party, Summer! We love Reece and Mil is now saying her name all the time. Glad we could be a part of the celebration.

The Tucketts said...

Reece looks so adorable! Everything you made for her party looks fantastic, you're so talented!

Sarah Jane said...

Happy birthday to little Reece! What cute pics, I love your banner. don't you love that you can use that every year now? Such a great idea. I loved your cupcakes too, they look absolutely delicious.