Tuesday, September 8, 2009

.:Labor Day:.

We had a great Labor Day weekend! It started off on Friday nite with Josh and I being able to go out by ourselves for a little while. We did some birthday shopping for Reece, and out to dinner. It's nice to have that time alone every once in awhile!

Saturday, we went over to our friend's house to watch the BYU game! Of course, Josh was running around the room (and even a little bit of dancing) during the awesome game. We let the kids play while the guys watched the game, and Sarah and I crafted! A good nite for everyone I think.

On Sunday, we headed up to Park City with the Selin's for a last minute get away. We were able to get a two bedroom condo up there. When we got there, we had a tasty dinner, and then went for a little walk. It was the perfect weather outside!

Our betrothed kids holding hands on the walk.

After we got back to the condo, it was time for the kids to go down for the evening. We played Buzz Word, which the guys won (sorry Sarah, my pregnant brain lost the game for us!) and then attempted to watch a movie before we were all too tired and turned it off early.

Monday morning we got up and had a yummy breakfast. Then we got ready, checked out, and headed to the outlets!
The best picture we could get of all three kids
Dawson helping Reece with her milk

We were able to find lots of good stuff for the kids at the outlets. I even picked up a Halloween costume for Reece for a great deal! I added it all up, and I got $108 worth of stuff for $41! Now Reece is totally set for next spring/summer! If only I had known what this baby was going to be!

All of my great finds!

A sneak peak of our cute girl in her Halloween costume
While the girls were busy shopping, the guys had fun putting the manequin's wigs on our kids.
Our original plan was the do the alpine slides, but it was ridiculously busy - over a one hour wait - so we just decided to take the kids on the merry go round and call it good! It was Reece's first time. She was a little scared when it first started moving, but she got used to it and did great!

It was a great weekend with great company! Thanks Selins!

6 comments:

suzanne said...

That looks fun! Love the wigs!

Mendel Family said...

Wow, what a fun weekend! Don't you love the outlets! We will be going up there this weekend to do some serious fall and winter clothing shopping for Luke. He has NOTHING! Glad you guys could get away!

Sharon said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love Park City, but I haven't been there forever! Glad you guys had a fun Labor Day!

Dani said...

WOW!! I had a lot of catching up to do. I got a little teary reading/looking at your post from Oregon. We had so much fun and can't thank you enough for coming up to play with us. It was more helpful than you know. And it got us out to see all the sites one more time before we move.
Still so excited that you are pregnant! You better be ready shortly after baby #2 for baby #3 because I am bound and determined to have a baby around the same time!!
Labor day looked like a blast. I love Park City!! Glad you got a little weekend away.
I'll have to call to catch up soon!

The Tucketts said...

We were in Park City on Monday too! Did your carousel ride go really fast and seem never-ending? Great job on all the great deals. I love Reece's Halloween costume!

Sarah Jane said...

how fun! Don't you love it when you find such great deals? Stacy and I found some good deals too, but I bought stuff for me...that never happens!