Saturday, September 19, 2009

.:Utah State Fair:.

Last nite we went to the state fair with Kris, Stephen, and their little boy Noah. Besides almost getting in a fight with some thug (apparently it was OUR fault that he was walking down the middle of the street, and walked right towards our car so that he could hit it with his t-shirt) and the weather being a little threatening at first, we had a fantastic time!

We first got there, and we were all ready for some dinner. After weighing our options, most of us ended up in line for navajo tacos. Those things were huge! But very tasty. Reece enjoyed helping me eat mine - she loved the beans! While we were eating, the Boyz II Men concert started. We weren't inside, but we were eating right outside where the concert was being held so we could hear it really well. It definitely brought back all of my jr. high glory days! They did sound pretty incredible, though. Reminded me a lot of Take 6....

Then we decided to take the kids over to see all of the animals. We spent a long time walking through to see the pigeons, rabbits, cows, goats, sheep, and pigs. Reece seemed pretty happy looking at them all, and even got her hand nibbled on a bit by a sheep. (Don't worry, I was right there with the wipes so that those fingers didn't make it to her mouth!)

After that, we walked around a little bit, watched the boys try out the jiggling workout machines (I don't know how else to describe them), laughed while Stephen was 'ghosting' people, and people watched. Lots of interesting people at the fair!

We ended the nite with me getting two of my pregnancy cravings: a soft pretzel with cheese and a slurpee! Perfect!

Thanks for a fun nite Kris and Stephen!

Reece and Noah
Reece with a cow
Reece getting nibbled by the sheep (can't blame them, she is pretty yummy!)
Kris and I


5 comments:

Dani said...

You are so cute Summer! I just love you!! Looks like such a fun time. I love the fair and the animals and the yummy food. Reece's little hair reminds me of antennae... makes me smile.

Camilla said...

I'm a little jealous you got to hear Boyz 2 Men! They were one of my faves back in the day! If only I'd known.....

Sarah said...

How much fun! Love the pic of the sheep nibbling on Reece!

Bensons said...

Thanks for going with us! It was so great to see you guys! We had a great time! :)

Love the pics! Although, I don't look so great next to you, you gorgeous girl! That's ok, I can deal because it means we got to hang out HaHa. Hope to see you all again soon!
*Luvs2u*

Mendel Family said...

You are craving slurpees?! That is what I craved with Luke. And my mom craved them with me. Why do we crave them? Glad you went to the fair. Every year we say we are going to go and it never works out. Like this year Matt was out of town the whole time, and then we got sick. We should go to the Thanksgiving point farm before it gets cold and see the animals with the kiddos. It is cheap and you get half off because of me :)