Tuesday, September 29, 2009

.:14 Weeks - Second Trimester:.

I hit 14 weeks this past Sunday, which means I'm now officially in the second trimester! I can't believe how much more quickly this pregnancy is going. I guess having a little one to chase around really makes a difference!

I had my appointment with my doctor this morning, and things are going great! The baby's heartbeat came in at 150 bpm. It was - and always is - so reassuring to hear that everytime I go in. Reece was so perfect the whole time we were at the hospital. On my appointment days, if it is early enough, we usually car pool with Josh. I had to get some blood drawn this morning as well for the second part of my screening blood work. She was so good throughout everything, she always makes me so proud! At my appointment I also found out that my cystic fibrosis screening came back as negative. All of my other blood work came back great from the previous appointment as well. I won't know the results of my other screening tests until about a week from now.

My doctor also gave me my ultrasound slip to get it scheduled! I stopped by the maternal fetal medicine office, where I'll have the ultrasound, and they don't have the calendar for November up yet. She said to try calling back at the end of the week and they should have it by then. G-Day (gender day) will be sometime the first week of November! I will be 19-20 weeks at that time! (Confusion because my doctor's office has my due date as March 28th and the maternal fetal office has it as March 21st or 23rd!) Either way, I'm just so excited to see this little one again and know if we'll be thinking pink again or venturing into the world of blue!

Here is a picture of me at 14 weeks. I 'popped' quite awhile ago (try 10 weeks!) but for some reason, on Sunday I started feeling - and looking - pretty big! I've been wearing my bella band for weeks, as well as using the old rubber band trick to keep my pants up since they no longer button. I've also been able to wear quite a few of my maternity shirts without looking like I'm drowning in them. This is the bets part of pregnancy - feeling great and showing! I love it!


I'm editing this to add a picture my sister sent me from OMSI in Portland. They have an amazing exhibit where you can see fetus' at the various stages of development. They are real, which is sad, but also very neat to look at. Her hand is there for comparison. Thanks Dani!

4 comments:

Mendel Family said...

You are working it! I love your bump, and was admiring it today. You are so cute prego (and all the time), and it is so fun that you are showing. I am excited for you to find out what you are having. I have to admit it would be fun for you to venture into the blue since that is all I know so far! But it would also be fun to have another girl!

The Tucketts said...

You look so great! My 2nd pregnancy flew by, too. I think having a little on definitely helps time fly! I can't wait to find out what your having, either way, I'm sure baby Andrus is going to be super cute!

SUNRYZEZ said...

Ok, my official vote is in,,i think its a boy =)

Julie said...

You look adorable!!!! The second pregnancy FLIES by with a toddler to chase! I also popped really early with this one and was even in maternity pants before 10 weeks, but then stayed the same forever! I just now feel like I'm starting to grow again and I've only got 2 months to go! Can't wait to find out what you're having!