Friday, December 25, 2009

.:15 Months:.

How did our baby get to be 15 months? It seems like Reece just barely turned one. She just changes more and more everyday, and I catch myself looking at her sometimes and being surprised that she's turned into a little girl and isn't a baby anymore. I love this age, and all of the curiosity, exploring, and personality that it has! (Her doctor's appointment isn't until January 5th, so I'll have to post her stats after that.)

At 15 months Reece loves:

- talking
- laughing
- fake laughing
- walking
- running
- playing on the couch
- pushing her stroller and walker around the house
- baths
- BOOKS!!!!!!
- being silly
- cell phones
- remotes
- jewelry
- exploring
- screaming
- babies
- animals

At 15 months Reece doesn't like:

- being restricted
- being held
- getting her face wiped

Some fun facts about Reece:

- Her vocabulary, including animal sounds, includes: Dada, Mama, baby, Reece (this one sounds mostly like 's' and 'z' sounds!), hi, up, ball, bear, 'shhhh', animal sounds for: cow, duck, dog, cat, and tiger.

- Reece knows four signs: milk, more, all done, and please.

- This is a fun time where Reece understands directions. At bedtime, you can ask her to close the doors and turn on her fan, and she does it! She also knows how to do laundry! She will put the clothes in the washer or the dryer, close the door, and push the start button. She loves helping.

- Reece doesn't enjoy getting her nose wiped very much, but she will blow on the tissue which helps you get in there for a quick wipe!

- We got Reece a potty. We're definitely NOT trying to potty train or push that with her, nor do we plan to anytime soon! We just figured we'd get it and let her get used to it - especially since it's rare that I get to use the restroom alone! She LOVES sitting on her potty, and thinks she's so cool. It's really cute.

- Reece loves to turn on the fans in both her room and our room. Even if you turn it right off, she'll immediately stop what she's doing to go turn it back on.

- I don't know that Reece will ever be a huge juice drinker. I tried giving her some, along with gatorade, powerade, and soda when she was really sick with the stomach flu. She didn't want anything to do with any of them! She loves her milk and her water!

- Our girl loves to shake it! She has the cutest dance moves I've ever seen, which include happy feet, swishing her arms back and forth, and head nods.

- Reece loves getting her teeth brushed. If you tell her it's time to brush teeth, she will say, "Ahhhhh", and run to the bathroom.

- Reece still loves her baby einstein movies! They are often my go to if I'm trying to cook dinner and don't want her underfoot!

- Reece has a couple of dress up necklaces. You will find her wearing them most of the time! She loves to put them on and go about the business of playing.

- Reece prefers books to any tv show or movie, and a lot of the time, to her toys. She loves looking at all of her books, and I probably have to put them all back on her bookshelf a good 6-8 times each day!

- Reece is pretty good about giving hugs and kisses. One thing I love about her hugs, or just when I am holding her, is that she will pat my back with one of her hands. It's super cute!

I could go on and on! She is just such a joy in our lives, and I can hardly remember a time where her sweet face wasn't part of my everyday life. We are so blessed to have Reece as part of our family!






5 comments:

Julie said...

Isabelle is over 2 and still doesn't like juice either or anything other than water or milk. I love it except when she's sick. Love the book thing! I can't believe how big she is.

SUNRYZEZ said...

I love that last pic of her SOOOO precious!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Make her stop growing up!

Dani said...

I LOVE that last picture of her! What a doll. Her look is changing so much too! She is turning into a little girl. Good thing because she's going to be a big sister in no time!

The Tucketts said...

I can't believe she's already 15 months!!! She's so stinkin cute, she'll be a great big sister.