Saturday, September 27, 2014

.:37 Weeks:.

Full term! Well, kind of I guess. 

Not much to say. Feeling large. My ankles are swollen by about 10:00 a.m. Whenever I get done exercising, it looks like I've worn socks about three sizes too small. My back hurts all the time. My crotch hurts all the time (tmi? It's true, though). I start out most days feeling sort of okay, but by late afternoon, I am waddling and hobbling around like an old lady. It is probably pretty comical to watch, but I am pretty done with it. At my appointment this week, my doctor said I was at a 2-3, which never happens for me; I usually stay at a 1 until I deliver. She said baby is still high though, but I'm pretty sure my parts down there would beg to differ. Even though I am super anxious to get this baby here and meet him, and not be pregnant anymore so I can get some semblance of sleep, I am starting to have little sad feelings about how I'll never be pregnant again. Not enough to make me want to be, but just enough to help me try to enjoy this home stretch and not be too disappointed that he is not coming as early as Harper did. I'm planning to step up my exercising this week and see if we can't force something along. I have contractions all the time, some are just Braxton Hicks, some are more, but nothing quite resembling labor. We'll see what the next week brings! 

Still trying to decide if we'll induce at 39 weeks or not. I love the excitement of going into labor on my own, but we've also never done that with our kids around and having to figure out where they will go (with Harper, they were already with my mother in law). So it would be nice to be able to plan things out as far as our kids go - especially since Kerri works and isn't necessarily going to be immediately available - but we will see. Maybe he'll just surprise us and come before then, and we'll scramble to figure out what to do! Either way, exciting times ahead! 

37 weeks



No comments: