Monday, June 22, 2009

.:Father's Day:.

I'm a day late with this post, but better late than never!

Josh is just the best dad to Reece! He adores her so much, and can't get enough of her. She always is so excited to see him when he comes home every day. He was out of town this past week, and before he left, it was almost like she knew he was leaving because she was just following him around the house as he was packing to go! He always makes time for her, even after his long days at work. I so appreciate how willing he is to be involved with her and to help me with her! He also works so hard to provide for our family, which allows me to stay home. We didn't really know how it was going to work out, but I'm glad that he was willing to have faith that we were making the right choice. He is also so spiritually minded. He helps me to be a better person, a better wife, and a better mother. Josh is just a great husband and a wonderful father, and Reece and I are both so blessed to be a part of this family!

I also have my dad to be appreciative of. Growing up, he was super busy (still is!) but he always had time to come to all of our concerts, games, and recitals. He showed us that family is important. He worked hard to provide for us, and always showed us and my mom that he loved us and cared about us. I didn't always make that easy! :) He has always been such a great example of what I was looking for in a husband and father.

And of course, my Heavenly Father. He is so mindful of me. I have just been having a tough time these past couple of weeks dealing with the stresses and frustrations in my life, but I have felt as though I was being watched after. He has helped to remind me to just take a deep breath, and take it one day at a time. I feel so grateful that He has chosen to bless me with such a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, and both of our great families.

We had a nice Father's Day. I got Josh the most boring, cliche father's day gift out there: a tie! BUT he asked for it, so I guess that is okay! He was looking for a black and white tie, and I found a nice one at Kohl's that he loved. I was surprised because I'm not usually the greatest at guessing what his kinds of things he would like. I always think I have it figured out, and then I end up being wrong! We also had his family over for dinner. I smoked up the house frying up the tortillas for the carnitas, but it turned out great. It is always nice to spend time with everyone! Reece was all over the place, showing off her crawling and being a crazy little baby! It was a great day!

Happy (late!) Father's Day!

No comments: