Monday, June 8, 2009

.:Sometimes:.

Do you ever sometimes feel like the world is against you? Lately, I've just felt like everything in my life is working against me. From the big things - our car being in the shop and costing us money we don't have, to the not as big things - like not being able to lose weight and having skin like a teenagers, to the small things - like the hanger getting stuck when I'm trying to hang up my clothes and stubbing my toes! I've just felt like things will not go my way! My church calling has been taking up lots of time - which is nothing new - but just the combination of everything had me close to a breakdown last week.

Yesterday at our welfare meeting, our bishop closed the meeting talking about how the adversary targets us, as leaders, and tries to make us get discouraged with ourselves. He encouraged us to 'fight the good fight' and that even though things aren't always easy, they are always worth it. Trials are what helps our faith to grow. It was just what I needed to hear. I can't say that these things aren't going to keep bothering me - they probably will! But it was good for me to have someone help me re-direct my energies on the things in my life that are blessings - there are tons of those, too! I have the best husband, the cutest, sweetest little girl, great families on both sides, great friends, and we're healthy and happy and together. Lots of people can't say the same, and I need to remember to be grateful for those things, instead of focusing on the negatives.

6 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

We all need to be reminded sometimes...If it makes you feel any better, my check engine light came on yesterday...boo

Camilla said...

Yeah, yucky times sometimes, I have those too every once in a while. Just keep on plugging on and happy times will be here before you know it. I love this quote, I don't know if it applies here but it's cool: "All's okay in the end. And if it's not okay, it's not the end." (by?) So there you go.

.:.chhour.:. said...

:( I have been feeling the same way recently.

But I'm trying to keep putting faith in god. He will see me through all things.

SUNRYZEZ said...

I totally agree Summer! I think we all need to be reminded of the good and bad sometimes!

( Love all of the reece pics on here) soo cute !

Dani said...

Sounds like me as of late!! Everything/one is conspiring against me, I swear! And even though I have been saying my prayers, reading my scriptures, doing my calling, things don't seem to be getting any easier. But, like you said, I have much to be grateful for. Thanks for the reminder.

Mendel Family said...

I totally understand. He finds our weaknesses and makes them seem like we can never overcome them. The thing to remember is you are in good company. All of us feel this way whether we show it or not! You have so much going for you, don't forget all of the many talents you have!